Race day FAQ’s
So I’m signed up, paid my registration fee and the long wait is over…
What do I do on the day?
Well the first thing is to check you’ve got everything you need
before you leave home. Check your pre race email that you’ll receive around five days before the event, and we suggest you bring:
- Comfortable Running Shoes
- Change of Clothes
- Parent or Guardian (if you are under 18)
- A plastic carrier bag to take your wet and dirty clothes home in
- Money – You’ll need £5.00 for the Car Parking plus you may want to bring money for food and drink onsite, as well as for any Zombie Merchandise! Please note that Car Park, Food and Drink, Merchandise, as well as bag drop/key drop facilities are strictly CASH ONLY. No card payments can be accepted due to location of the venues.
- Remember your EVACUATION GROUP TIME (You’ll need to get to the Venue at least 1 hour prior to that to allow time to register)
- Print out and sign the Waiver (link)
Got all that, CHECK! So I’m ready to go?
Yup. Now make sure you leave early enough to get to the venue at least 1 hour before your Evacuation heat time. You will need that time to clear Waivers,pick up your timing chip and get your LifeTag belt.
You said Car Parking fee earlier… So there will be Car Parking at the site?
Yes, there will be ample parking facilities on site, within a few minutes walk of the event village (exact length varies from venue to venue)
A parking charge of £5.00 cash will apply and is paid on entry to the car park. We suggest that in order to help us prevent any queuing on the way in you bring exact change and we encourage car pooling wherever possible. Cheaper for you, more efficient for us and better for the environment. Everyone wins!
I’ve never done this before, so what do I do when I have arrived and parked?
Firstly you should make your way to the registration point to complete your waivers, after this you will be given your timing chip and those precious green life tags on a belt for you to wear. Once you have done this your heat will be called and it is time to be evacuated! You will be called to an assembly area approximately 15 minutes before your group is scheduled to leave. In this area you will be briefed by the commanding officer of our RAZORs Task Force. (Royal Armoured Zombie Outbreak Response) This team of highly trained soldiers will then lead you out onto the course to begin your 5km trek to the designated Evacuation point.
I’ve never done this before, so what do I do to find out my course time?
Keep an eye out for a post race email, and posts on our social media channels. All course times for ‘Survivors’ and ‘Infected’ runners will be available within 24 hours.
You will be able to view all images taken by our photographers, Epic Action Imagery, by heading to http://www.zombieevacuationphotos.com